- 2 teaspoons of gelatin (4 g)
- 2 Tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- 1 cup of cassava flour (120 g)
- 5 1/2 Tablespoons of coconut flour (39 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar (2 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (2 g)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of coconut oil, solid weight, then melted (20 g)
- 2 Tablespoons of honey (30 ml), more to drizzle if desired
- 1/3 cup of hot water (79 ml)
- Blueberries, to serve
- Put 2 tablespoons of hot water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Set aside.
- Weigh out the solid coconut oil, then melt in a microwave.
- Heat a greased waffle maker.
- Combine the cassava flour, coconut flour, salt, cream of tartar, and baking soda in a bowl. Add the melted coconut oil, gelatin mixture, and honey to the bowl. Add the remaining hot water, stirring continuously. This will form a dough rather than the usual slurry consistency of waffles.
- Add half the dough to the waffle maker and press down. Cook until crispy and holding its shape. Repeat for the second waffle.
- Remove carefully and serve with a drizzle of honey and some blueberries, if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 437
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 76 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 6 g