This AIP Zucchini Bread Recipe is packed full of delicious flavor but none of the inflammatory ingredients of traditional zucchini bread.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) hot water
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) gelatin
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) maple syrup
- 3/4 cup (90 g) cassava flour
- 1/2 cup (64 g) arrowroot flour (or arrowroot starch)
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 cup (135 g) shredded zucchini, excess moisture squeezed out
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (160 C). Grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the gelatin egg, place the hot water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the entire surface of the water and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Then, whisk to combine the gelatin with the hot water until completely incorporated. Set aside until ready to use.
- Combine the applesauce, coconut oil, maple syrup and gelatin egg in a large bowl.
- Add the cassava flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, cinnamon powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the shredded zucchini until completely incorporated. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center of the zucchini bread comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing the zucchini bread from the pan. Allow the zucchini bread to cool completely before slicing and serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g