- 4 zucchinis (480 g)
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced (100 g)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced (110 g)
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely diced (6 g)
- 33 white button mushrooms, finely diced (330 g)
- 1 lb of ground beef (450 g)
- 2 beets, finely diced (164 g)
- 2 Tablespoons of gluten-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos (30 ml)
- 2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar (30 ml)
- Sea salt
- Cut the zucchini along its length into long thin strips approximately 1/4-inch thick. Pour sea salt generously over the strips and place on cooling racks placed over trays. Let sit for 1 hour, turning the pieces over every 20 min. After an hour, firmly pat each piece dry using paper towels.
- While those are drying, heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the onions and garlic until softened. Add the diced carrots, diced mushrooms, ground beef and diced beet to the frying pan and cook until the beef has browned and all moisture has evaporated. Stir in the red wine vinegar and coconut aminos. Season the mixture with salt.
- In a dish, alternate layering the zucchini slices and beef mixture and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes then remove the foil and return to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 10 g