These flavors pair perfectly to bring you a deliciously cheesy fettucine.
- 2 7-oz packs of shirataki noodles, fettucine
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil, to cook with
- 4 slices (112 g) of bacon, chopped small
- 2 leeks (180 g), finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves (6 g), peeled and finely chopped
- 20 white button mushrooms (200 g), sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) of nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut cream
- flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Rinse the shirataki very well under cold, running water and keep warm in a pot of gently simmering water on the stove top.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the chopped bacon until just done.
- Add the leeks, garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook until the leeks have softened and the mushrooms are just starting to caramelize. You may need to add a dash of water to deglaze the pan to prevent the mixture catching.
- Sprinkle over the Nutritional Yeast Flakes and stir in the coconut cream to warm through.
- Drain the warm shirataki and divide between two warm bowls. Spoon over the sauce and garnish with parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 36 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 12 g