Artichokes are a West Coast favorite that really come alive when paired with this rich, citrus dipping sauce.
- Trim the stems of the artichokes so that they are one inch in length. Cut off one inch of the “petals” from the opposite end of the artichokes. Discard the stems and petal tips.
- Zest the lemons and set aside. Cut four thin slices (about 1/4-inch) from the middle of one zested lemon, removing any seeds.
- Place the lemon slices in the Instant Pot and top each lemon slice with a trimmed artichoke, stem-side up. Pour in the broth around the artichokes.
- Close and lock the lid. Press MANUAL for high pressure. Set cooking time to 20 minutes. Once time is up, quick release the pressure.
- While the artichokes are cooking, make the dipping sauce. Finely chop fresh tarragon leaves. Trim both ends of one stalk of celery and chop into small pieces.
- Peel the remaining lemon and cut the white pith away with a paring knife. Coarsely chop the fruit. Throw away the seeds.
- Place the lemon zest, lemon fruit, tarragon, chopped celery, olive oil, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until thick and creamy.
- Serve the artichokes with the dipping sauce. Feel free to drink the broth remaining in the Instant Pot.