- 3 14-oz cans of coconut milk, refrigerated
- 4 capsules of probiotics
- 2 Tablespoons (14 g) gelatin (for thickening)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup or honey (to enable the yogurt to be made)
- Use a spoon to remove the solid cream on top of the cans of coconut milk. Place this into the instant pot bowl.
- Close the lid, make sure the vent is closed, press the yogurt button, press adjust until it shows BOIL.
- When the instant pot is done, it’ll beep. Remove the bowl from the instant pot and let cool. Use a candy or meat thermometer to see when the mixture reaches around 100 F (38 C). This temperature ensures the cultures can grow.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup or honey into the inner metal pot and stir in. Then open up the capsules of probiotics and slowly whisk them into the coconut cream.
- Place the bowl back into the instant pot, close the lid, press Yogurt and press (+) to set the time to 8 hours.
- Add the yogurt to a blender and slowly add the gelatin while blending. This will help thicken the yogurt. Add additional flavorings (e.g., honey, stevia, vanilla extract) if you want.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to cool and thicken.