Paleo and AIP Garlic Cauliflower Naan Bread [Nut-Free, Egg-Free]
This is one my favorite AIP (Paleo autoimmune protocol) recipes – this AIP bread is soft and delicious. Use it as a wrap (it doesn’t fall apart easily) or dip it into stews.
Cauliflower AIP Bread Recipe
Preheat your oven to 450 F (230 C) and then create the dough by first cooking the cauliflower florets to soften them. The easiest way is to place the cauliflower florets into a bowl with some water and microwaving it on high until the florets are tender. You can also steam the florets until they’re tender. Then place the florets into a blender and blend until they’re pureed.
In a bowl, mix together the cauliflower puree with the arrowroot flour, garlic powder, avocado oil (or olive oil), and salt.
Use your hands to knead it into a springy dough.
Roll the dough out and place on a piece of parchment paper. The dough should be around approximately 1/3-inch (or 1 cm) thick.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
The bread should be soft still and slightly browned around the edges. When you tear the bread, it should be soft and a bit stretchy. Let it cool a bit and enjoy.
Pinterest Image for Paleo and AIP Garlic Cauliflower Naan Bread [Nut-Free, Grain-Free]
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C).
- Place the cauliflower florets into a bowl with some water and microwave on high until tender (check every 2 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn). Alternatively, steam the florets until tender.
- Food process (or use a blender) to process the cauliflower florets into a mash.
- Mix the cauliflower mash with the arrowroot flour, garlic powder, avocado oil, and salt. Taste the mixture and add in more garlic powder and salt to taste. Mix into a springy dough.
- Use your hands to press the dough into a flat bread, place on some parchment paper, and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.